Are you teaching your child the importance of oral health care? Do you need assistance or ideas on how to prepare your child to brush properly? If so, you have come to the right blog! Children have much to learn as they grow into adulthood. By learning positive oral health hygiene habits at a young age, they can help preserve their teeth throughout their entire life.
Our dentist, Dr. Jon Molinare, is happy to help you teach your child to brush. That is why our team in Cedar Knolls, New Jersey, has provided you with some insight and ideas on how to teach your child to brush. Here are some tips and tricks for teaching your child to brush their teeth properly:
– Help your child brush their teeth until they are old enough to do so on their own. Oftentimes, your child will be able to brush sometime around the age of 6.
– Once your child is brushing their own teeth, make sure they are using the appropriate angles to reach all sides of each tooth.
– Your child will need a non-abrasive toothpaste and a youth toothbrush to clean out their mouth.
– Teach your child the importance of using safe tools and replacing their toothbrush as needed.
– Teach your child the importance of making sure they always store their toothbrush in a location that is free of contamination. Your child will need to store their toothbrush upright and away from other toothbrushes.
– Help your child to clean their tongue and explain to them that their tongue contains bacteria, so they need to continue to clean it each day.
– Never let your child use your toothbrush or anyone else’s.
If you have questions about your child’s oral health, or if you need more information about their dental needs, please call us at 973-993-1979 to make an appointment. At Molinare Dental Group we are always happy to help you.