Here are the answers to some commonly asked questions.
Do you offer sedation dentistry?
- Yes we do! Dr. Jon has recently joined forces with Dr. Glen Atlas and now offers sedation dentistry right here in our own office. Please visit Dr. Atlas's site at www.GlenAtlasMD.com to answer all of your questions about sedation dentistry!
What about whitening? - Are we really bleaching our teeth?
- Absolutely not! Bleach may work well on your clothes but it is hydrogen peroxide that brightens your teeth. It is extremely safe and effective, and works from the inside out. We offer an in-office whitening system called ZOOM! which is a 45 minute procedure (not including set up time). We also offer a take home kit that can be completed in about ten to fourteen days. Check out our Smile Gallery for the awesome results - it works every time!
At what age should I bring my child to the dentist?
- Dr. Jon recommends bringing your child to the dentist between the ages of 2 and 3 years old. It is at this age that the doctor feels he can help the child understand his or her mouth and relieve any fears they may have going forward. Waiting until a child has a cavity to bring them to the dentist can leave the child with a scary first experience. Routine check-ups and cleanings help create a comfortable relationship with Dr. Jon. We can help your child develop good habits for a healthy mouth.
What is Aesthetic Dentistry?
- Aesthetic Dentistry is life changing. The possibilities are endless when you allow Dr.Jon to improve your smile. We are happy to offer consultaions to help you learn how we can help your smile shine.
How are Lasers used in modern Dentistry?
- Dr. Jon uses the Biolase laser for simple fillings, gum tissue removal, frenectomy, cold sores and complex surgical issues. Using the laser leans towards less anesthesia, no drilling and less healing time. Children have a great experience with the laser too!
Does Dr. Molinare work well with Seniors?
- Dr. Jon has worked with many geriatric patients and stresses the importance of seniors having regular check-ups to avoid any future problems. New technologies make it possible for implants to replace single or multiple missing teeth and Dr. Jon can also provide full and partial dentures that mimic natural teeth. Dr. Jon will also gladly serve patients who require a wheelchair and cannot move into his dental chair with no problem at all.
Is chewing gum good for your teeth?
- Sugarless chewing gum can be beneficial for your teeth in a number of ways. Chewing gum stimulates salivary flow which helps to kill the bacteria that cause decay and gum disease. The extra saliva helps to remove food particles and restore early decay.
Electrical vs. Manual Toothbrush?
- In Dental School we were taught that the best way to clean your teeth was with a manual toothbrush and a piece of dental floss. With the advancements in technology, an electric toothbrush now holds many advantages over a manual. The vibrating action actually pushes the toothpaste farther between the teeth and below the gum line.